Thursday, January 1, 2015

I'm Walking On Moonbeams

Well, here we are at the beginning of a new year. 2015; can you believe it? And I've decided that my resolution coming into this new year is to keep a blog as a record of the triumphs and the defeats that I come across in my life. I mean, a lot of things happened last year, and I want to keep better track of those memories this year, the good and the bad. So, here goes.

But wait! What's a blog? Why write posts on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis? I think perhaps the most important question is this: is this for the people that are going to read it, or is it for me? In my mind, this is most importantly for me to begin to better understand myself, but I know for sure I want others to be on the journey with me. Support is an invaluable thing, and the support of friends, family, coworkers, and acquaintances is the best thing a girl could have. Who doesn't want to be surrounded by love and encouragement?

And so I guess that really is what this blog is for. I guess that blogs are meant to help both writer and reader, and so I hope, in the coming weeks, months, and years, that I will remain gold in my intention, and that I will begin to understand myself, my readers, and the world around me. It's time for a change. And I wouldn't trade that for gold.

No comments:

Post a Comment